- The local news you need to know about, from a variety of sources and presented in an easy-reading format
- Original reporting you won’t see anywhere else, sometimes based on input from you, our readers
- A heads-up on how to get connected with local decision making
- Exclusive analysis and perspectives on local politics, culture, and urban planning from a diverse set of contributors
- A calendar of cultural happenings
- Photo essays that capture our region through the eyes of local photographers
- And more (but if you want to just scan the top news of the day, that’s OK too).
Jacksonville today is a different place than it was yesterday, and the decisions we make as a community now will shape the Jacksonville of tomorrow. Our goal is to help our readers feel more connected to where we live and to each other, so they can make those decisions in a more informed way.
Jacksonville Today is independent and locally owned and operated by WJCT Public Media.
Jacksonville Today is a member of The Institute for Nonprofit News. The Institute for Nonprofit News strengthens and supports more than 425 independent news organizations in a new kind of news network: nonprofit, nonpartisan and dedicated to public service.
Mission StatementJacksonville Today produces and distributes audience-engaged journalism that expands civic discourse and fosters a vibrant, inclusive, and knowledgeable community.
Jacksonville Today is supported by individuals, corporations, and foundations with an interest in the vital role journalism plays in our civic life.
Funders and sponsors have no influence on editorial decision making.
Support is provided through the Local Journalism Initiative at WJCT Public Media.
Major support provided by*:
- The Arthur Vining Davis Foundations
- The Jessie Ball duPont Equity and Placemaking Fund
Additional support provided by*:
- The Community Foundation for Northeast Florida
- Florida Blue
- First Horizon Foundation
- The Fund for Nonprofit News at The Miami Foundation
- Report For America
- VyStar Credit Union
- The Martha and Tom Baker Family Fund
- Gilchrist and Amy Berg
- The Cascone Family Foundation
- The DuBow Family Foundation
- The Egan Family Advised Fund
- Holly and Tim Finchem
- Caroline D. Fitzgerald
- Cynthia and Walter Graham, Jr.
- The Ann and David Hicks Family Charitable Fund
- The David M. Hicks Jr. Family Fund
- The J.B. Foundation
- Farley Kern and Mike Petro
- Barney and Edward Lane, III
- David and Katharine Loeb
- The Meyers-Labenz Family Fund
- The David C. Miller Family Foundation
- Pamela Y. Paul
- In Honor of Timothy D. Payne
- Sally and Anthony Perez
- Matthew Rapp
- Susan and Fred Schantz
- Fiona Strathern and Thad Moseley
- Dori and Bill Walton
- The Delores Barr Weaver Legacy Fund
- Kimmie Winston
- Jim and Ellen Wiss
* As of September 2023